Thursday, July 03, 2008

AT&T iPhone? Maybe not so much.

AT&T iPhone? Maybe not so much.

I was all set to lay out two hundred bucks for the new iPhone* and re-up to another 2-year deal with AT&T (I've been with them FOREVER by now) but then I saw the new pricing plans. Y'know, I don't mind paying the $70 plan since that's only a little more than I currently pay, but to see they want ANOTHER $20 for text messaging is just obscene.

Way to break the camel's back AT&T.

So what's the result? I'm seriously considering leaving their service (I'm no longer under contract) and going elsewhere until their deal with Apple is up and I can get the iPhone through another provider.

*No, I did not suddenly come into money. I was planning on doing this when I could afford it, not the day the new iPhone comes out.

No comments: