Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Photographic personal history.

Photographic personal history.


1978: Two photos of me exist, both taken at Sears.

1988:
One photo exists, yearbook.

1998:
Four photos exist, all for Photogal's MA.

2008:
2,078 photos exist, hello new generation.

I document my life online, but it wasn't until I thought of the above that I realized, really realized, how much of what I -- and the people around me -- do is now documented through words and pictures. We've all truly become living novels. If it weren't for the fact that I'm so entranced with everyone else's story along with my own this might worry me. But I realize we're not headed towards becoming a compartmentalized exclusive society, no, we're growing to become a weaving web of inclusive stories connecting us all to each other like never before.

No comments: