Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gym crushes.

Gym crushes.

Everyone has gym crushes, right? You know when you go in at a certain time of the day, all of the time, and you sort of have a group of "regulars" there the same time you are? In that group isn't there one or two members of the opposite sex you always kind of look at thinking, "Hm, they're cute, and if we were at a show / bar / club / church fish fry maybe I would walk over and say hi." Of course I would never actually walk over and say hi -- unlike some I view gyms as places boys and girls can work out with out having to worry about undue social interaction -- so these crushes are always based in the understanding that they always remain hypothetical, which is why I seem to always have them whether I'm single or taken. I've always wondered if other folks have them too, and if so, if they operate on the same internal rules as my "gym crushes" do i.e. more of a mental distraction than anything else.

No comments: