Friday, March 27, 2009

Flaming Lips! P4K Fest!

Flaming Lips! P4K Fest!

The Flaming Lips are one of those bands whose EVERY album and b-side is on my tankPOD. ALL of them. I mixed down the 4-disc Zaireeka in my computer the second I had the software to do so. I've seen the band countless times -- from their guitar wielding noise juggernaut of a quintet days, to their first show as a trio, to Ribfest, etc. -- and enjoyed every show (though, truth be told, and i'm being crotchety about this, the shows really were better before the masses discovered 'em).

So I'm rather excited they're playing a fan-picked set-list at this year's Pitchfork Music Festival this year!

I say we pack it with tunes from 1996 and before! "One Million Billionth of a Millisecond on a Sunday Morning!"

UPDATE: Just got this email saying, "The Flaming Lips will be closing out the Festival on Sunday, July 19th, but they will not be part of the "Write the Night" series, as was previously indicated. We apologize for any confusion." Oh well, I'm still giddy that they're playing at all!

No comments: