Friday, August 14, 2009

Please forgive yet another intrusion of self-promotion.

Please forgive yet another intrusion of self-promotion.

This evening I will be DJing at the Old Oak Tap. I was looking through my posts of yore and realized at one time I was hawking two to three DJ events a week. Now I hawk a DJ event every two to three weeks. Quite the change! But it was necessary and, ultimately, the best move. While I love DJing, the longer spans of relation between gigs gives me more time to get excited about new tunes, and the past few weeks have been particularly generous in introducing me to some fantastic new music I'm dying to share!

So it's Friday, your Lollapalooza music hangover should have long since abated, and you should be up for an evening of great tunes in a lovely location. So, please, won't you join me at The Ol' Oakie (apologies to Scott Lucas who coined that name in the hopes no one would ever actually repeat it) this evening?

I will be there from 10 p.m. until 2 a.m. I have recently cut my hair so short that most long time acquaintances fail to recognize me, so look for the guy quaffing large amounts of Guinness and bourbon, and if you hear a song you like (or have a request) come on over and say hi.

No comments: