Friday, September 18, 2009

Safe sex, silly advertising.

Safe sex, silly advertising.

Yesterday's Slate V talked about condom ads around the world and reinforced what a parochial environment we live in. My particular favorite ad was a British one that comes near the end, chock full of excuses to avoid slipping some protection on that even a teenager would find laughable. (Watch it below ... the add I'm talking about comes in at the 4:25 mark.)

Watching these condom ads made me realize that I have never publicly endorsed a condom myself! Now I am, of course, a virgin, and have never seen the naked female form outside that one scene in Revenge Of The Nerds, but if I were to engage in sexual relations out of wedlock, I would probably use Trojan Ecstasy condoms. Sure the name is silly but, and mind you this is after 21 years of NOT engaging in premarital sex, this is truly an amazing piece of engineering. It's been claimed many time before but this particular gift to mankind actually feels better than wearing nothing at all. Had I ever tested it out in a real life situation. Which, of course, I have not. (Hi mom!)

No comments: