Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The decade.

The decade.

I've seen it much argued, and I can totally understand both sides' arguments, so I'm not decisively swayed by either stance. So I ask you, dear reader, do you mark the decade as ending at the end of this year or at the close of 2010?

Further, and this seems to me to be simple common sense, how is it possible to construct a "best of the decade list" without the benefit of a few years' distance providing context? Considering how many music / culture writers build year-end lists they later find themselves disavowing portions of I find it ludicrous to even attempt to tackle something as vast as a decade the year that you judge that decade to be closing.

What do you think?

Photo from Zazzle, though honestly, did anyone really love the aughts?

No comments: