Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Subtle afflictions of manly pride?

Subtle afflictions of manly pride?

Can't sleep. I'm one of those guys that often falls asleep on the couch -- last night I was so lame it was Conan's second guest that did me in -- and this morning once I finally crawled into the bed the cats decided to go bonkers. I gave it an hour or so, but sleep just wasn't coming. So here I am, getting an early start to my day despite my best efforts to eke out just one more hour of snoozing.

This whole falling asleep on the couch thing, is it primarily a male affliction? I know my younger brother and dad displayed the same trait. And there's even this weird thing where you know you're about to fall asleep, it's obvious to anyone, yet you'll still insist you're wide awake even when you've been caught mid-snore. It must be some sort of latent macho tendency, right?

When are we gonna learn that when our girlfriend / boyfriend / mom tells us it's time to go to bed .... it is probably time to go to bed.

Oh hey, it's snowing. Again.

No comments: