Thursday, March 11, 2010

With 1986 everything can be free, for a price.

With 1986 everything can be free, for a price.

So I got sent this album by a band I'd never heard of. What a surprise! Well, it was kind of a surprise, actually, since I ended up really liking the album by 1986 Everybody Is Whatever I Think They Are. it's 70% influenced by mid-90s Matador Records and reminds me of when 7-inches were seen as essentials and not marketing gimmicks. There's a dash of Girls Against Boys under a sludged out Chavez, with a healthy heaping serving of '80s Dinosaur Jr, methinks. Decide for yourself, snag a listen to two tracks the band is giving away.


Did you dig it? Do you think your friends will dig it? If so the band is sort of giving the album away to anyone willing to participate in their Rock And Roll Ponzi Scheme. Hey, TANSTAAFL.

No comments: