Thursday, July 08, 2010

5 records you couldn’t live without?

5 records you couldn’t live without?

Man, I can't even begin to answer this one comprehensively since my tastes change from time to time, but the following are the albums that seem to find their way back into my life for extended periods of time.

The Who "Quadrophenia"
The Pixies "Doolittle"
Nirvana "Nevermind"
David Bowie "The Man Who Sold The World"
Jane's Addiction "Nothing's Shocking"
Public Enemy "It Takes A Nation Of Millions..."
Pink Floyd "Meddle"
Triple Fast Action "Cattlemen Don't"
The Wrens "Meadowlands"
Blur "Blur"
The Stone Roses "The Stone Roses"
Chia Pet "Chia Pet"
LCD Soundsystem "Sound Of Silver"
The Pursuit Of Happiness "The Pursuit Of Happiness"
Green Day "Dookie"
Huey Lewis and the News "Sports"
The Police "Outlandos d'Amour"
Sloan "Navy Blues"
Roger Waters "The Pros & Cons Of Hitch Hiking"
INXS "Listen Like Thieves"
Josie and the Pussycats
Ned's Atomic Dustbin "Godfodder"
Wilco "Being There"
Uncle Tupelo "Still Feel Gone"
Pavement "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain"
The Flaming Lips "In A Priest Driven Ambulance"
Radiohead "The Bends"
Jesus Christ Superstar

... oh hell, this is impossible, I haven't even touched on the more rhythmic stuff I like ...

So my new answer? I'd make 5 mix DVDs crammed full of my favorite songs. It's the only way I would be able to survive.

Go on folks, ask away.

2 comments:

Gage1 said...

God, that's a nearly impossible question to answer, but Amon Tobin would be in my list somewhere... can't even decide on one album though, I guess I'd have to make a mix as well... I'd probably have some Mars Volta and.... sigh, this is too hard.

Tankboy said...

I know! Question-wise the only thing I hate being asked more is "What are you listening to right now?" because the second that comes out of someone's mouth my mind becomes a complete blank.