Monday, July 26, 2010

My new phone.

My new phone.

So I drank the kool-aid and bought an iPhone 4 last week. I’ve been holding out for a model I thought would meet most of my cell phone demands and I decided this one was finally it. Luckily I know someone that works for Apple so I didn’t have to wait three weeks between my decision to buy and actual delivery. Instead it was more like a 15-minute wait in line and viola! iPhone!

So far I’m really happy with it. I bought a case right away so there are no antenna issues for me, an I spend so much time with it right now GalPal asked me if she had to worry about me leaving her for it.* I’ve used a first gen iTouch for years so the interface is the same but the phone is so much faster than I expected.** I kind of love it even though I just KNOW that Apple will announce something even cooler in a few months and I’ll be all like, “Grrrr, and now I’m stuck with this older model for the next two years.” Whatever.

One nice surprise was getting unlimited data grandfathered in since I’m an existing AT&T customer and am renewing before my contract would fully run out next month. Sweet!

Now the only thing I have to do is buy insurance for it in case I get all butterfingers on it and drop it and smash it’s beautiful little screen or, WORSE, it gets lost or stolen! Any recommendations?

*Which prompted ME to remind HER that when she got her iPhone she was just as wrapped up in it for the first week or so.
**Also, predictably, I have already been wrapped up in the Hipstamatic app to a ridiculous degree.

No comments: