Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A slightly winding path leading to an honest query for you.

Photo of GalPal and me by Ryan Mitchell
The wind is howling—HOWLING—outside my window, and I can't wait to get out of town on vacation soon. The 9-to-5 has been KEE-razy, all of my own making since I quite literally asked for it and I'm actually happy to be in this situation (and, as an aside, this is not one of those times when someone says they're happy that they're busy at work when in fact they're miserable but are afraid someone they work with might read what they're saying and think less of them; no sir, you should know me better than that and figure out if I was miserable I'd tell you right off the bat), but that doesn't for one second mean I'm not looking forward to getting the heck outta Dodge for a few days of R-N-R with GalPal so we can properly and very belatedly celebrate our three year anniversary.

We should have celebrated that anniversary back in August, though we have a hard time figuring out exactly when we should mark our anniversary since there's a particular day in July that we met and it, truth be told, might be the best way to mark the beginning of our relationship.

Now I'm not going to get all mushy here. You all know I like GalPal an awful lot and she likes me. She must, since I'm not the easiest guy in the world to date, and I am extremely lucky she has been a patient and understanding partner. OK, that was a little mushy, so let's move on.

So where did we decide to celebrate this very belated anniversary? Vegas, baby! I got a free stay for a couple nights at a hotel in Vegas when I played Lolla kickball a few years ago, and the voucher runs out at the end of December, so we decided to take advantage of it and treat ourselves to a couple days of doing nothing. Well, doing nothing together. Well, probably something but nothing we don't wanna do together.

So now to the point of this post (well, not the point, but an underlying motivation for the preceding set-up)*: Give me your recommendations on what we should do over a few days in Las Vegas when the weather will be less than stellar but not exactly freezing? Off-the-beaten-path ideas are welcome! Tell me, tell me, tell me, please!

*I'm being disingenuous here. This post started with no point outside the sudden howling of the wind outside. Then I got slightly mushy and realized I had better wrap things up so how better to do that than an engaging question on a topic I would actually like your opinion on! But there was no master plan from the outset, I just, at that second, liked pretending there was. Isn't that kind of what we all do every day? A-ha! Another question!

No comments: