Thursday, March 08, 2012

I've had a long up and down history with CYHSY but I think we can all agree that this is a fine song.

I went from hating the debut album from Clap Your hands Say Yeah that everyone else loved, to really liking their sophomore effort that everyone else hated and now it seems no one really cares one way or the other about the band's latest album for the most part, including me. I will say that the disc does include two tracks well worth your time. "Same Mistake" made it onto my list of favorite tunes from 2011, and it's the kind of tune I could listen to over and over and probably finish a 5K in under 20 minutes if I just kept it on repeat. The other track is "Hysterical," and the band just made a really cool little video for it that you can peep below.


If you listen to both tunes I think the thing you'll most notice is that neither really sounds all that much like Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. And that both sound a LOT like something The Killers might have released in 2005. I'm just sayin', there's a strong aural resemblance going on there. No?

No comments: