Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sheezus, Yeezus. Take your time.


I'm working on a review of the new Kanye West album. It's out today so you might be all like, "Dude, it leaked, like, last Friday! How have you not written a review yet?!" Well, the answer is easy, I actually want to review it and not just file a gut response to it. And reviews tend to require you sit and live with some music so you get a real feel for it. And since I'm the senior A&E editor I do my best to make sure what we turn out, criticism-wise--is thoughtful stuff. Mostly. Hey, I'm all for a picture of Nirvana with Rick Nielsen outside Piece to get some quick traffic, but I'm proud of the fact that (across the board) Chicagoist has stuck by quality instead of quantity and our readership numbers STILL continue to steadily grow.

So yeah, the review of Yeezus will come soon, but I'm not gona rush it.

No comments: