Monday, July 10, 2017

Gorillaz kicked off their world tour in Chicago and I was there.

Photo by me.
These days, I don't often get truly nervous about getting on a guest list or not. I figure I make a request, and if it's accepted that's great and if not, that's O.K. too. But anything Damon Albarn related is a whole 'nother story! Luckily for me the publicity gods and goddesses smiled on me, though, and granted me access to Saturday's Gorillaz show at Northerly Island in Chicago.

This show also brought me out of "live concert photography retirement," so you can read my review and see a ton of photos I took on Chicagoist today.

If the band is coming through your town BUY TICKETS. Gorillaz mutates every time the entity tours, and while this version isn't as quirky as, say, the Plastic Beach tour, it is a spectacle.

No comments: