Tuesday, December 05, 2017

How much new music did I listen to in November 2017? Let's find out!

When I'm feeling blue, looking at this adorable photo of Sasha the Cat helps.
Yeah, this was a miserable month for me. I'm pretty certain November 2017 will long be remembered as a personally really dark period. Because of that, when I did listen to music, which wasn't terribly often, I tended to go straight for comfort food.

I wish I could say I'm optimistic December will be different, but considering the current state of things, coupled with what appears to be the appearance of absolutely miserable winter weather, I'm not getting my hopes up.

As always, here’s a guide to my rating system.

Total number of new/upcoming releases listened to in October 2017: 19

Number of those releases that rated 7-10: 1

Number of those releases that rated 4-6: 14

Number of those releases that rated 1-3: 4

Highest rated album: Charlotte Gainsbourg’s Rest took the title this month.

New band I’d never heard of that caught me off guard: Telthon’s The Grand Spontanean epic punk opera caught me totally off guard. You should check it out too.

Most surprising discovery: Ana Scent’s slinky electro pop was recommended to me by a friend, and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. They only have 3 songs right now so I’m curious to hear more.

No comments: