Friday, January 19, 2018

Death warmed over, made better by rock and roll.

Big Sur at The Burlington, photo by me
I was watching Big Sur at The Burlington* last night when I suddenly felt, well, not really good. Fast forward to me taking an Uber home instead of the train, and getting there just in time to begin a night of puking. Lovely!

I suspect it was some pizza I've been nibbling on over the last few days. Whatever it was, it really tore up my stomach. I actually dragged myself in for work since I have a presentation later in the day, but man did I just want to stay curled up in bed.

This is news you need to know, obviously.

Anyway, it's a bummer I missed the end of the set because Big Sur was really good! A really energetic younger trio that name drops Big Star but really has a lot more in common with The Replacements. I had no idea who they were, but I was talking to a friend yesterday who was lamenting she'd have to miss the show, and I guess that spurred me to get out of the house.

They've got a lot of stuff on their Bandcamp page, but you can find their most recent release below. It's certainly helping me take my mind off my stomach!



*Incidentally, going to The Burlington solo makes me feel really old. Especially when no one I know is working. It's weird to think I've been going there since the day it opened, and DJed there for so long, and now just feel so out of place there unless I'm with friends.

No comments: