Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Celebrating new chapters.

Hey there. Hi there. How are you? I'm good, thanks for asking.

Well, as good as a guy can be in the middle of winter with almost no sunshine. But hey, I survived the polar vortex, so that's something!

Speaking of sunshine, my ex-wife is making plans to move to California. She told me about it a while ago, but I have learned over the past year not to talk about another person's business until they publicly break the news, even if it's to be celebratory. I mean, I already knew that, but in the initial months of my divorce it's clear I didn't always make the best decisions.

How do I feel about the move? There is certainly a part of me initially sad she's leaving. But I'm also happy for her. Her boyfriend is out there. Year round sunshine is out there. Activities I know have made her feel peace in her life are out there. She will be able to start a new chapter in her life out there. She'll be incredibly happy out there.

And in the end that's what counts, so that makes me happy.

No comments: