Friday, May 31, 2019

25 years ago Beastie Boys told me and you and Ma Bell they had the 'Ill Communication.'



This is another in a continuing series of "JESUS CHRIST I'M GETTING SO OLD' posts. The one bright side to these posts is hearing all my friends echo the same refrain. The funny thing about getting old is I still, in many ways, feel like the kid that first heard Beastie Boys' Ill Communication the day it came out in 1994. If I remember correctly I ran straight to Appletree Records when they opened (midnight sales seem to have fizzled out by this time period for some reason) and played the album non-stop.

I don't remember, but I probably played it at The Gallery that weekend (it cam out on a Tuesday but I usually didn't DJ until Fridays by that point).

Anyway, enjoy the short documentary above and pull the album out for a celebratory listen, if yu haven't already.

No comments: