Friday, April 26, 2013

Freeeeeee Energy!


I've been trying to figure out just what it is that makes me go so ga-ga over Free Energy, and I think it's the purity of their music. It's super catchy and super life affirming but at the root it's coming from a very real place. It's honest. It's not putting on airs. It's not trying to impress; this music only wants to make you feel, in the best possible way. They're playing Lincoln Hall tonight, and you can bet I'll be there. The funny thing is, for them being one of my favorite bands right now, it's been quite a while since I saw them last even through they've been through town a bunch of times! Wild. Anyway, they just popped out a new b-side (though I have no idea what it's a b-side to since there doesn't seem to be a new single anywhere!) and as usual it's great. Listen.

Can't wait for tonight.

No comments: