Thursday, October 30, 2014

What do people want today when it comes to writing about music?

I have a theory. It's a daring theory. But as every band's content is basically available to everyone at every second the idea of people to help you sift through it seems to be rising in importance again. I still say to hell with the gatekeepers of yesteryear since they didn't champion music as much as they espoused opinions to support their own interests. But we've hit an era where writers' personalities are again coming to the forefront of gaining a reader's trust and helping them suss out the tunes that might help them float above the earth's crust / discover sounds to amaze and enlighten. Do I have one of those voices? I would hope so, and judging by the number of people that either write me or approach me at shows I think I just might. And for that, I thank everyone for their trust. And I trust bands will keep on making music that I will dig and in turn, turn other people on to. And to those bands I don't dig? I'm sure there's another trusted voice out there that will dig you, so all you gotta do is touch someone and you'll be just fine.

No comments: