Friday, June 21, 2024

Summer's here. We're all still growing. Especially me.


Funny. I used to be up in the early morning hours writing at my computer as soon as I woke up. These days I can’t seem to find that drive any more. And due to that, once I am ready to start writing I usually have a huge clog of thoughts that I don’t feel I can unravel quickly enough, with now festooned by years of detritus building up and adding complication to what were once simpler exercises.

I am trying to reconcile my newer world of trying to live in the moment, appreciate the unexpected, and delight in all the overlooked beauty in the world around me. I've always have a wide canvassing view of things and experiences, but in the years since I quit drinking, that world has grown even larger, leading me to discover countless moments of little wonder throughout my days. Sometimes it seems simpler, and other times it is unimaginably more complicated than my prior existence.

But I'm still adapting. Getting used to it. And growing.

I'm glad you're still around to grow along with me.

No comments: