Monday, May 09, 2005

What are the symptoms of Lyme disease?

I’m slightly achy and tired and a little more off-balance than usual when I try to walk. Odd. Aside from that, camping was a blast. While driving around Prairie du Chien (pop. 6000 or so) Saturday afternoon we learned two important things: “outdoor outfitter” is actually just a fancy way for saying “store that sells lots of camouflage and guns” and shopping at WalMart is frightening since there is just something about the store that makes you want to buy things you just don’t need.

Point two about Prairie du Chien would be that in a town of 6018, at last count, you tend to draw a lot of stares wherever you go especially when you and Photogal "are obviously not from around these parts." I thought it was fun but I think it creeped Photogal out a little. Especially when some young blonde guy was obviously following us around the outdoor outfitter store to get a better look at Photogal. For my own part I noticed I kept getting checked out by baby-mamas. Did I mention they seem to start having babies right after they hit puberty? Must be all that clean country air and the absolute absence of anything else to distract them.

Also, I found a Joe Meek compilation in some little consignment shop for a buck. A buck!

No comments: