Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Yes, I meant what I said about Big Star, and you'd realize it was on point if you had read the whole thing.

Yes, I meant what I said about Big Star, and you'd realize it was on point if you had read the whole thing.

Man, more people than I expected have read my negative reviews of Big Star. Over the last couple months I've had a number of random folks tell me they thought my negative reviews of big Star were kind of mean. A few are personal friends with one or the other of the owners and i think they took my words a tad too personally.* Or, more accurately, didn't really read my exact complaint, they just glazed over in anger that I was taking friends of theirs to task.

Look, we gave the place numerous chances and at every turn the staff fucked up our experience pretty badly. Now I know that the opening few months for any restaurant can be a bit bouncy, so I'm willing to give the place another chance in the summer when I can grab some food at the pick-up window and eat it in the park, but their staff and policy problems are the sort of thing that should have been quickly dealt with after a few weeks.

Of course when I explain this to people they see my point and concede that my negative reviews were probably right. But man, I wish they had just read them in the first place and understood that I wouldn't complain about a restaurant without a pretty solid reason.

*I actually work out at the same time as one of the owners and he's a cool dude and I like him so it's a little weird to think he might be upset with me, though I bet he probably isn't at all, if he's even aware of my criticism in the first place, which he probably isn't.

Photo via Zagat

1 comment:

italian hooker said...

how can you fuck up a guiness and a shot of makers?!?!!