Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Overdoing it and doing it well.

Overdoing it and doing it well.

Every day at the gym I do 20 minutes on the elliptical machine and 10 minutes on the treadmill for my cardio. I'm getting older so I try not to run too much for fear of hurting my knees or something like that. Well, yesterday all the elliptical machines were full so I started on the treadmill, and decided to just keep going and run for 30 minutes. I was actually surprised by how easy it was and how fast I was going. I only stopped because I have to stick to a strict schedule so I can get to work on time. After that, I did some weight work with my legs and decided to increase the weights I use quite a bit. I was feeling pretty superhuman. I was feeling no pain.

Until today.

Whoa do my legs hurt! I guess I overworked some muscles that aren't used to that heavy a workout. I'm walking like a little ol' granny.

Owie.

No comments: