Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lolla-love you.

This is typically one of my most insane weeks of the year. Yes, it's time for Lollapalooza to descend upon Chicago. It is a week of lots of stress. It's a lot of fun, but it's also a lot of stress. Right now I'm struggling to write a couple pieces related to the fest by tomorrow night and there seriously are not enough hours in the day.

As far as covering the fest itself for Chicagoist, this year I'm not taking pictures for the first time since 2005 so at least I won't be running from one end of Grant Park to the other every 25 minutes. That's about a mile, and I can make it quickly, but thank god I don't have to this time around. In addition, I have a couple great writers handling the recaps with me so hopefully some of the burden will be off me there as well. In previous years it was usually me shooting and then writing with only one other person contributing, so this is going to be bliss in that respect.

Don't worry though, I have plenty of time carved out for the fun stuff too. I plan on checking out a few of the day lounges, our friend Dana Dynamite has offered to take us to see The Afghan Whigs' show at Metro and of course there's the annual Do312 Lollapalooza Celebrity Kickball Game!


And, of course, I took Monday off work to recuperate.

No comments: