Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm on vacation! So now what?

I don't have to be in the office again at the 9-to-5 until 2013. And I'm already filled with anxiety. What if something happens while I'm out? Will I be so far behind and buried when I go back in? How the heck do I actually take a vacation?

Of course the answer to all of the above is to simply take a vacation, since all those doubts are bubbling up because it's just been too long since I took any time off work that didn't result from me dealing with a concussion. Heck, even taking this time off doesn't see me dipping into actual vacation days!

So obviously I need to force myself to just step away, unplug and enjoy some time to myself. I'm not even sure I know how to do that any more, but I'm going to do my best.

I deserve it.

No comments: