Monday, June 17, 2013

Superman returns as the Man Of Steel and I slept through it.


So, I saw Man Of Steel at 11:30 p.m. Friday night because I just had to see it opening night! Because I am a big dork. But maybe I should have waited a day since I was at a work function all day long and then went to see Divine Fits in the evening causing me to be pretty tuckered by the time I got to the theater ultimately leading to me falling asleep and missing the end of the movie! What an idiot. Luckily I have a chance to see it again--with Zod no less!--next weekend so I can see the whole thing, awake.

My initial thought is, and keep in mind I'm one fo the few who actually really liked and continues to re-watch Superman Returns, while it's nice to see an action oriented Superman it felt a little forced, a little too obvious at times, and a little dark and dire overall. I do think the casting is great though, and it's a nice reboot overall. We'll see where they go with this.

No comments: