Monday, October 29, 2018

Unblocked.

I've been "digital" since the early '90s, but being blocked by someone is definitely a more recent occurrence. My ex finally unblocked me from most of her profiles, and I'm grateful. I've regained a decade's worth of stuff that we shared. And I've learned to not talk about them. I know my ethos on this site, since 2001, has been to be honest. But I'm learning that there are some things you don't have the right to know.

I've been actively dating since the start of this year, and the early part of that was probably me moving too quick, but I haven't written about the people I've dated. And I'm not gonna do so.

So I'm crafting my own narrative now, and keeping it central to me. I thought I owed my readers full transparency, but as time as has gone on I realize you're looking in through a porthole and have probably seen too much.

Does this make me an unreliable narrator?

No comments: