Thursday, January 27, 2022

Pixel Grip delivers those groovy, underground, late-night vibes you might be missing.

Photo by Alexus McLane
I was digging around for something to share with you and realized I had completely missed writing about the release of Pixel Grip's album ARENA last year. Yipes! Because this was an album not to miss, in my humblest of opinions.*

The Chicago trio of Rita Lukea, Jonathan Freund and Tyler Ommen beat the pandemic blues by trying to create an underground dance club in your ears. The result is a groovy, dark collection of pulsing synth bombs that sounds like a very hottt and sexy dance party populated by every variation of freak under the sun. And there's a laid-back kinda vibe that still has a non-stop energy moving it, and my hips, forward. 

Any time I need "a night out" while being trapped indoors, I've popped this on and it always delivers. So, better late than never, I implore you to check out ARENA and get in touch with your underground dance diva today.



*I mean, I even tweeted about 'em last year, partially so I wouldn't forget to write about the album! See?

No comments: