Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Chicago's Lurk creates an infectious collection of 'Natural Causes.'

Photo by Andy Eclov
Before putting on their latest EP, Natural Causes, I knew absolutely zero about the band Lurk, other than they were based in Chicago. After listening to the album, I still know nothing about the members personally, but I can tell you that this is a potent mixture of powerful rawk that often stunned me with its locked-in approach that manages to also feel totally organic and natural. But I did find myself looking up the dummer's name in particular (it's Pedro Unzueta) because HOLY HELL the choices he makes while perched on that drum throne makes my ears positively cry in awe (and awe often resolves itself into joy, at least in my case).

But truly, the entire band is a marvel. Give Natural Causes a listen once and you'll be like, well this sounds pretty neat. Listen a second time and you may find yourself going, well wowWOWwow, how did they do that? It's a good feeling: try it out!

No comments: