Yesterday I found myself digging through the Discord Records website, checking out the live Fugazi archives* and checked in on a show I saw in 1993 to see if anyone had added new comments about that concert since I bought the download when it became available a few years ago. Imagine my surprise at seeing a flyer I drew to promote that show—and completely forgot about!—on the Dischord website!
It seems someone saved this flyer for all these years and I can’t tell you just how delighted and surprised I was to discover its existence! Though I initially forgot about this, it makes sense that my roommate who booked the show for the University also tapped me to create the promotional posters/flyers.
To the person who saved this flyer and thought to upload it decades later? I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This was one of the more unexpected yet thoroughly invigorating surprises I don’t get to experience all that often. And I won’t lie, I do love the fact that the little cartoon version of me in the corner of this flyer has been living on the Dischord website for a while, and it is hard to convey the tingly feelings that ran through my body for a solid 20 minutes after making this discovery. Thank you!
*FYI, I was spurred to revisit the archives upon the news that they are starting to offer those shows on the Fugazi Bandcamp page.


No comments:
Post a Comment