Friday, June 15, 2007

DJ madness!

DJ madness!

I feel like I've been running at full speed all week long, and it's not letting up anytime soon.

Tonight the one, the only, the original Bomb Squad -- June Cleavage, Amber Waves, and I -- will be spinning downstairs at Liar's Club. This is sure to be legendary. Rockers versus yuppies versus bachelorette parties versus freaks versus geeks versus dweebs versus jocks. Expect LOTS of pop and Top 40 and retro dance stuff. Fridays are always packed with people desperate to get their bodies moving and we will do our best to satisfy the crowd's needs until they can't dance no more.

As Ms. Cleavage is fond of saying, this is the perfect chance to "getcher silly on." Or, as Ms. Waves might say, "Don't miss it, dummy!"

Seriously, though, I'm psyched. All you girls who have ever asked me to play Madonna, or Erasure, or Kelly Clarkson, and been met with a "I'd really like to, and I have it, but I can't play it in this bar ... they'd kill me." Well, now is your chance to hear me spin all the hits that make you just want to dumb it up and get your never ending dance on.

And the timing couldn't be more perfect, since playing all the fun dancey pop stuff at Liar's will help me get it out of my system so I'm in full-on dangerous mode for The Continental tomorrow night! Now, don't think just because I can't play Xtina there that I won't be playing dance tunes, they'll just be of a slightly hipper and more underground variety.

It'll have this kind of vibe:

No comments: