Thursday, June 21, 2007

Holy crap, is it Thursday already? Wow!

Holy crap, is it Thursday already? Wow!

After too many weeks off I'm back at Liar's Club on a Bomb Squad Thursday, and tonight I'm joined by Skid Marks of The Ladies And Gentlemen. Last time Skid and I spun together was at Hideout just before New Year's, and this couple asked us if we would DJ their wedding because they loved our mix so much. I think their exact words are, "So many DJs just don't get it, but YOU do!" The memory can still cause me to blush. Alas, we didn't DJ their wedding, but that's only because I'm an idiot and lost their contact information. Sorry!

Anyway, since there's only two of us, that means we get to spin slightly longer sets, which is terrific because I have an unbelievable amount of terrific new music to play. You wold have thought I would have gotten through it all during my six hour set (why does everyone seem to think that's such a long time to spin when I think it's too short?) at The Continental last week. Well no, no it wasn't nearly enough time. There's just too much great stuff coming out right now.

I believe Timmy and Haggerty are behind the bar, so the drinks'll be strong, and if Herbie's there I'm sure you'll hear a bunch of new Bad Brains stuff since I finally got around to getting him a copy of their (surprisingly solid) new one.

And then we're off into the whirlwind weekend double-punch of the locally stocked Switchyard Festival and the Belmont Arts and Music Fest (featuring the do-not-miss act The Wrens!!!!). And wait, isn't Sunday the Pride Parade too?

I love summer.

No comments: