Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here's the thing about people in the media.

Here's the thing about people in the media.

It may not seem like it, but us media folks really do like each other. We take swipes at each other, we diss each other, we make fun of each other, we criticize each other, and sometimes we basically beat each other bloody with words, but in the end we all sort of feel like we're on the same team. There's a base competitiveness there, sure, but in the end I kind of feel like we're mostly on the same side. I hadn't really realized this until I started getting rocks thrown at me by upstarts and friends first got all up in arms about it and then asked me why I wasn't responding to the minor assaults. My response? I didn't care. It was like one of my brothers punching me in the arm. When they do that I could not care less ... but if someone else punches me in the arm or (God forbid) someone punches one of my brothers in the arm? Game over. They're going down.

So when you peer through your Twitter feeds / FB stati / MSM TV smackdown you should know this; we look like we hate each other but if you throw us all in a room I guarantee you we're all doing shots and laughing together.

No comments: