Monday, May 05, 2003

All is revealed.

So talk about turmoil. in this terrible economy it figures that after months of no jobs I now have two jobs. Well, two job offers and the official acceptance of a job in the real world complete with ties, khakis and casual Fridays at Salton, Inc. The bummer part is that I have to quit the recording studio. This was a decision I agonized over but in the end I realized that the new job is actually in the field I got a degree in (English/Writing in case you couldn't guess), it'll be great experience and I really dig the person that'll be my immediate supervisor. So for this I can suffer Dockers I suppose. I am officially a grown-up now. Yikes!

I will also be commuting so now I need to buy a car. I am not looking forward to the drive but as long as I've got a CD player/radio I should be fine.

Saw Ted Leo last night and met his backing band at my friend Julie's place at a pre-show party. I am loving the new enforcement of club capacities because for Ted Leo playing a sold-out show last night there certainly was lots of room to spread out and relax. No more wall to wall cramming!

More later but right now I've got to find a new studio manager for this place!

Speaking of college.

This is the sort of thing I would have written back when I was trying to prove how clever and superior I was to the common man. Luckily I have -- mostly -- outgrown this tendency. This is still a fun read though.

No comments: