Friday, September 12, 2003

How exciting!

First, let me start off by crowing about what a great night of music I saw last night. Light FM were at the drunkest and loosest I’ve ever seen them and they still fucking killed. My primary regret is that while lead singer Josiah and surly drummer Mark decided to give me a shout out I was in the bathroom. They thought I was in the bar ignoring their show and acting too cool for school. I stopped mid-pee just long enough to poke my head out the bathroom door and give them a loving middle finger.

Then it was off the see Box-O-Car who, if this was truly their last show, really went down in style. It’s too bad I only heard half the show since I was deaf in one ear from Kip’s rather powerful voice as he continued down the road of trying to convince me to start a band with him.

Kip, as long as you promise not to relieve yourself all over me while I sleep – the same activity that annoyed your cousin so much and put your current group’s future in jeopardy – I’ll be more than happy to bang on some drums and make some noise with you.

Then I caught the tail-end of Leadfoot. As a band these guys rock but Photogal was more entranced by the shirtless guitarists abs more than anything else. Fine! I’ll do some more sit-ups!

And the music d-d-don’t stop!

This morning I started off with a bit of Terence Trent D’Arby’s Wildcard (which, incidentally, is a great illustration of how music downloading should work since I downloaded it first as I was wary of being burned by D’Arby but was so knocked out I went out and bought the album the next day) before moving on to the new Outkast record Speakerboxxx/The Love Below.

Oh. My. God.

Prince and George Clinton wish they wrote albums like these. Big Boi’s material is great and shows just what hip-hop should be but Andre 3000 goes over the fucking ship and deep into the sea with a disc that made me want to have sex while dancing during my morning commute.

Have you ever tried to have sex, dance and drive all at the same time? Not recommended unless the spirit of Andre 3000 really moves you.

And if you though the day couldn’t get any better, you would be wrong!

To top it off I just got my first batch of business card today. I’ve never had business cards that I didn’t design and produce myself before! These are pretty cool. I’m handing ‘em out to everybody!

No comments: