Monday, February 09, 2009

Monday morning advice?

Monday morning advice?

Greetings my technologically savvy friends, and welcome to another new week here! Chicago has had a reinvigorating burst of high temps and near Spring-like weather, so yesterday I took advantage of that to a) clean my apartment and air it out and b) finally get a MyBook 1 TB external drive. I backed up my music and such last night, but since I have so much space to spare I'd like to also just back-up the whole computer too. I don't want to pay for the software included on the drive, so can anyone recommend freeware that does a good job?

In other news, hey, who watched the Grammys last night?! I Tweeted through most of the show -- and must have done a decent job because I picked up a bunch of new followers as the evening went on -- so if you want to see my raw thoughts on the ceremony, that's where you'll find 'em. Check out GalPal's stream while you're at it since she had some snappy observations too. In a nutshell:
  • I loved Radiohead's copping Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk" vibe with the USC Marching Band
  • T.I. and J.T.' duet was surprising good (and not just because I forgot how T.I. sounded sans AutoTune)
  • There was not nearly enough M.I.A.
  • Grammy voters still love old people
  • Odetta deserved more than a third of the screen during the tribute segment
  • Walking over Stevie Wonder's outro with commercials and voice overs was criminal
  • Why is Katy Perry still around and why is anyone buying the sexpot act of a failed Christian-rock singer-songwriter?
  • Do you think Blink-182 thanked Green Day backstage for providing them with a career?
  • 98% of the ceremnoy not only sucked, but was nigh embarassing for everyone involved...
Did you see it? What're your thoughts?

No comments: