Monday, August 03, 2009

This week's plans ... LAY LOW!

This week's plans ... LAY LOW!

So the weather is now looking like it's gonna hit 90+ degrees by this weekend, just in time to turn Grant Park into a giant roasting oven for Lollapalooza! Yay! And by yay, I mean boo. I should've know that the lovely temperatures we experienced during Pitchfork weren't going to stick around for Lollapalooza, but then again, if I wasn't sweating buckets at Lolla would it still be Lolla? Probably not. And I'm trying to take solace in the fact that steamy temps means gals, including (and most importantly) mine, will be wearing minimal concert attire. It also means the "shirts are for work" male eyesores will be lumbering about too but I'll just pretend they don't exist.

Until this weekend I am laying low. Holing up. Hydrating and exercising. Getting lots of rest. Because from Thursday night (Andrew Bird at Schubas) to early Monday morning (hopefully Hey Champ's DJ set at the hard Rock afterparty) I'm gonna be running on turbocharge.

Photo of me sweating buckets at last year's Lollapaloooza by Clayton Hauck. This year, thanks to my brother's wedding, I will be going into the fest with much shorter hair!

No comments: