Friday, April 02, 2010

Return to Donewaiting!

Return to Donewaiting!

Donewaiting was the first site to really expose my work on a national level. Rob Duffy let me get all Metzger and Bangs and Burroughs and even though I'd already been writing about music for over a decade at the time it was arguable Donewaiting that helped me find my actual voice. Most of the archives from that time are sitting on a DVD or database somewhere so they're not exactly easily accessible (ahem, Rob, you know when you're done being all busy with life and stuff maybe I could get those from you?) but you can find them if you poke around a bit.

Anyway, I keep meaning to go back and write for Donewaiting, viewing it as the forum where I can stretch out and explore and go off-base and do all the stuff I can't do on Chicagoist. the funny thing is, I CAN do and awful lot on Chicagoist, so I haven't really had the chance to work something up simply for Donewaiting ... until today.*

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back, so check it out. And to those readers of Donewaiting who have no fricking idea who I am and are probably 110% confused by the content I've inserted into their lives? Sorry I was away for so long.

*What brought this on? I don't know. But I suspect it has to do with the fact I've been grappling with whether or not I even still wanted to write about music since December, and just two days ago the floodgates opened, the words came back to me, and writing about music was no longer just a biological necessity that kept me sane, it was again one of the things I have the best fucking time of my life doing.

No comments: