Thursday, July 29, 2010

Soundgarden fans are WAY more aggro than your average Juggalo.

Soundgarden fans are WAY more aggro than your average Juggalo.

Man, right when I thought Smashing Pumpkins fans were the people who hated my music writing the most, along comes an army of Soundgarden fans that REALLY hate my writing. I wrote a piece about the band's pre-Lollapalooza show at The Vic gently dissing the latter period of their career -- and keep in mind I'm a fan of the ban myself -- and WHOA did these people come out of the woodwork to let me have it! In the end it was really amusing (and generated quite a healthy number of pageviews for Chicagoist) so I have no complants.

It's so funny when fans get so worked up over a single person's opinion. Does the fact I'm not excited about Soundgarden reuniting or Billy Corgan continuing to use the Smashing Pumpkins moniker really warrant someone getting angry? I think not.

1 comment:

QuietlyGoingMad said...

I'd be willing to guess that many of those who are up in arms are Chris Cornell fans in addition to being "radio played" Soundgarden.

You should've seen the backlash "Enjoy and Exciting" and I got on our respective blogs when we went on tangents about the downfall of Cornell. It was fangirly crazy time!