Thursday, December 23, 2010

How do we get away with it?

How do we get away with it?

So here's this; I look like I'm in my mid-twenties though I am in fact quite older. I'm not the only mutant (I'm looking at you, Gage) but we seem to be a rare breed. There's aging gracefully, where you wear your years well, and there's people like me, that still get regularly carded for cigarettes. Genes have something to do with it, my whole family ages incredibly well, but my brothers always get pegged as the "older" one even though I'm the eldest.

I'm not complaining but with each year I have to admit I'm terrified it will all crumble and I'll suddenly end up looking like I'm 63.

2 comments:

Gage1 said...

Ha! I know exactly the fear you mean and often wonder if that will happen to me too.

Tankboy said...

Amen, sister.