Friday, December 10, 2010

Vacation well wishers.

Vacation well wishers.

Yesterday GalPal was checking her email for the first time since she's been here and remarked that she found it tack y people would send her "I hate you because you're on vacation" messages. This sort of thing never bothered me, in fact it always kind of tickles me, but she had a point. We save money throughout the year to take a vacation, and everyone we know has the same capacity to do so. While I find "I hate you while you're on vacation" messages funny and take them as a badge of honor I can understand why she views that same message as some attempt to bite into her hard earned fun.

So the lesson here? Feel free to hate me and tell me how jealous you are of me soaking in the Jamaican sun, but try to send GalPal messages more along the "hope you're having fun" conversational path.

No comments: