Monday, August 21, 2017

Quick thoughts on various things I watched over the last few days.

Seriously, nice scarf dude. Marvel's The Defenders, photo by Sarah Shatz/Netflix
The Defenders
Just about the right length, and I liked seeing Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and even Iron Fist, all together. I still heaven’t finished the first season of Iron Fist and now I don’t need to. Still, it took a little too long to get the whole gang together.

T2 Trainspotting
Still holds up. Turns out the reason I liked it the first time wasn’t just nostalgia, but because it’s a pretty good flick!

Game Of Thrones
Way too much is suddenly happening that makes no sense, and that’s worrying when you realize the series is basically wrapping up. Also, I called that whole twist at the very end (because it couldn’t have been telegraphed any more broadly.

Twin Peaks
HOLY MACKEREL THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT. Loved the latest episode. Just loved it.

Preacher
This just aired so the only thought I’ll share is that this show keeps getting better and better and if for some reason you’re not watching it, you really should start.

Ballers
Kidding! I have zero interest in ever watching this show.

No comments: