Friday, August 18, 2017

What if a metal band crashed into an 18-wheeler of synth-pop?

Come on, how AMAZING is this Arcadea promo shot? Photo by Jenny Bishop
Aside from sharing that excellent new Varsity track on Wednesday, I fear my posts have been on a bit of a bummer run lately.

I don't often just copy a bio from a press release, but in the case of Arcadea, I don't think I can improve on its blend of epic goofiness:
5 billion years after the last great extinction, the galaxy Andromeda spins headlong into the Milky Way with three intergalactic travelers in tow. Drummer/vocalist Brann Dailor (Mastodon), Guitarist/keyboardist Core Atoms (Zruda, Gaylord) and Keyboardist/guitarist Raheem Amlani (Withered, Scarab) are said pioneers, the space wizards of psychedelic soundscapes where organic drums collide with synthetic keys to create an infinite transmission from an event horizon. They go by ARCADEA and their otherworldly brand of psyche-electric, synth-driven, metallic madness sounds alien yet somehow familiar.
I mean, come on, doesn't that sound exactly what you need right now?

Crank it up and let's take an intergalactic trip together.

No comments: