Friday, August 21, 2026

Reserver charges full steam ahead on 'Reverser.'

Photo by Dan Wendt.
I popped in the advance of Reserver's debut album Reverser last week, expecting to give it a quick listen and see what they were about. Roughly 20 minutes later I was rushing to my laptop to order my own copy of it. I'm saving a slightly longer review for a future Quick Spins on Third Coast Review, but they play their album release show at Reed's tonight, and I couldn't let that go without at least a little advance buzz to try and get you out to see them.

Reserver's sound channels a bit of Pavement, a touch of The Amps, and a lot of early Dinosaur Jr. on the squalling and snaking guitar front. And on a few songs I even hear the influence of Local H on some of the band's popper excursions. But they keep things so compact that all of that fits into roughly 3 minute bursts, overstuffing your pleasure centers (for those of us who find pleasure in those sounds).

Reserver's music is so catchy, lively, and slathered with so much swinging energy that I'm incredibly eager to see how it all comes together on stage. 

No comments: