Wednesday, October 18, 2017

He's always been an asshole, people.

The new series of Embedded examines Donald Trump's past in hopes of shedding light on what to expect from his political future. At least I think that's what their goal is.

Perhaps what's most stunning is that the man is the same as he's always been. He's always been awful. This isn't a new development or some early onset dementia. He's just an asshole.

I also realized I have never liked Trump. I thought The Apprentice was terrible and didn't like how it painted him as some rich scrapper who beat the odds when he was in fact on the edge of bankruptcy. But it wasn't that show that sparked my initial dislike of Trump.

I think it goes back to Sy magazine, something a kid my age barely understood in the '80s, but read because it had the air of being witty and sharp and not suffering fools gladly. Back then they called Trymp out for venal pettiness and a glaringly obvious case of the crushing fear of inadequacy that drives lesser men to bully and dodge the truth.

As you can see little has changed.

Anyway, I've gotten off topic. Subscribe to and listen to Embedded.

No comments: