Thursday, March 27, 2003

This just in!

One of my favorite music sites for info and such is Tiny Mixtapes Gone To Heaven. Why? Read below:

The Strokes Begin Recording New Album with God


According to self-proclaimed wiz kid Ryan, The Strokes began strokin' it up at a recording studio in NY, earlier this week. With continuous comparisons to Radiohead, Beck, and Travis, The Strokes decided to go the Godrich route, which basically means they'll allow producer Nigel Godrich to compress the hell out of their music and force the NY rockers to re-record their parts until the rough edges are polished out; he hates human mistakes. And since The Strokes lack talent, the recording process could go longer than expected.

However, that doesn't mean Godrich is the official producer. If you know anything about the Strokes, you know they get what they want, those hedonistic bastards. So the plan is to record only two songs with Godrich over the next couple weeks. If both parties are satisfied (or, if the Strokes are satisfied), they'll throw another bag of money at Godrich to record the rest of their second album. Despite any potential setbacks, they plan to release the album in late August or early September.


See? Informative and funny! Much like Done Waiting, only waaay snobbier.

Glad to know the indie 'tude can survive even the most confusing of times.

Now...

...I have to start mail bombing my friends to convince them it actually is a good idea to go to Hogs and Honeys tonight to witness the Live Rock and Roll Karaoke. Think of Coyote Ugly ramming headfirst into Reckless Records...terribly tacky, but in these confusing times (there's that phrase again)...genius!

Dixie Yucks

I was e-mailed the below. It is definitely one of the better pieces of satire to emerge from this whole "Dixie Chick Vs. Dubya" fiasco. I wish I knew who actually wrote it becasue I would totally give them credit for this. I'm over-using this word today but...genius!

An apology from Natalie of the Dixie Chicks


"As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I now realize that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect.

I hope everyone understands, I'm just a young girl who grew up in Texas. As far back as I can remember, I heard people say they were ashamed of President Clinton. I saw bumper stickers calling him everything from a pothead to a murderer. I heard people on the radio and tv like Rush Limbaugh, Pat Robertson, Newt Gingrich and Trent Lott bad mouthing the President and ridiculing his wife and daughter at every opportunity.

I heard LOTS of people disrespecting the President. So I guess I just assumed it was acceptable behavior.

But now, thanks to the thousands of angry people who want radio stations to boycott our music because criticizing the President is unpatriotic, I realize it's wrong to have a liberal opinion if you're a country music artist. I guess I should have thought about that before deciding to play music that attracts hypocritical red necks.

I also realize now that I'm supposed to just sing and look cute so our fans won't have anything to upset them while they're cheating on their wives or getting in drunken bar fights or driving around in their pickup trucks shooting highway signs and small animals.

And most important of all, I realize that it's wrong for a celebrity to voice a political opinion, unless they're Charlie Daniels, Clint Black, Merle Haggard, Barbara Mandrell, Loretta Lynn, Ricky Skaggs, Travis Tritt, Hank Williams Jr, Amy Grant, Larry Gatlin, Crystal Gayle, Reba McEntire, Lee Greenwood, Lorrie Morgan, Anita Bryant, Mike Oldfield, Ted Nugent, Wayne Newton, Dick Clark, Jay Leno, Drew Carey, Dixie Carter, Victoria Jackson, Charleton Heston, Fred Thompson, Ben Stein, Bruce Willis, Kevin Costner, Arnold Schwartzenegger, Bo Derek, Rick Schroeder, George Will, Pat Buchanan, Bill O'Reilly, Joe Rogan, Delta Burke, Robert Conrad or Jesse Ventura.

God Bless America,
Natalie"


No comments: