Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Thax attack!

Thax attack!

I just read a really great interview with local rock poet Thax Douglas. Most interviews with him tend to skew Thax's image, often playing up certain details to create some sort of drama, but this is the first interview I've come across where someone actually allowed Thax to share his thoughts on the Chicago music scene without filtering it through some bullshit. Thax makes quite a few astute observations, and I'm pleased someone finally gave him an open forum to do so.

We sort of had a falling out a year ago (apparently when you Googled his name for a while, a Chicagoist story would come up and the text Google pulled was from some dickhead commenter saying mean things, and Thax thought I had some sort of control over that, which I don't) which still sort of bums me out, but I'm pleased to see folks are starting to give him his due. Actually, I've got a DVD documentary on him I've been meaning to screen and review, so maybe I'll try and get around to that in the next couple of days.

Also, he mentions one of his favorite shows ever was Graham Coxon at Double Door, and I think I have to agree with him 100%. That's show was just stellar. Churning rocking pop songs surging with high energy from start to finish.

Credz Bill for turning me onto the interview in the first place.

No comments: