Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Uno won!

Uno won!


This is very exciting news. So exciting that Betty, apparently, barked for 4 straight hours.

O.K., I'm torn ... a beagle winning "Best in Show" is a good thing, but Betty's behavior is not.* And now thousands of yuppies will probably be out adopting beagles.

Lord help us all.

*Honestly? What am I going to do?** I don't know. But I have to figure something out pronto before my neighbors form a lynch mob and take me AND Betty out.

**I've tried anti-bark collars, crating, dog walkers, distracting with treats, leaving on the TV / radio, ambient noise, etc. So what am I left with? I can't give her up for adoption. This is, so far, the absolute worst side-effect of moving out and getting my own place. I forgot just how bad Betty's separation anxiety got ... but if she doesn't get over it I'm going to have to do something drastic. I can't imagine living without her ... but, something has to give. And it's not going to be my neighbors' sanity that's the casualty of this situation. Oy vey. I'd rather sacrifice Isaac than give up Betty but ...

No comments: